Calvin Presbyterian Church was established in 1909 under the leadership of Reverend Bowman. It was located in the original Cecil Rhodes School at 1525 Elgin Avenue and subsequently enlarged twice.
In 1925 the Methodist Church, the Congregational Union and a portion of the Presbyterian Church merged to form the United Church of Canada, Calvin Presbyterian Church “voted to ‘hold fast’ to their Presbyterian faith” and remain in the Presbyterian Church of Canada.
During the following three decades it became increasingly apparent that the original building was inadequate and in 1953 the present site was chosen, building commenced and in May, 1954 a new church building was completed and dedicated.
At this present time, though not large in numbers, the congregation of Calvin continues to be a committed community of Christians who support one another through prayer and fellowship.
Through and in our worship, we glorify and enjoy God.